? about nicotine cravings

I have been a smoker fora number of years and am currently trying to quit. I was wondering if any of you other Momma's have been through this and what you used to curb nicotine cravings? I have heard brushing your teeth helps and I have tried it, but it only helps for like 20 mins then I'm in the bathroom brushing again. I now have the cleanest teeth in my town due to brushing around 15 times already today!

I am open and willing to try any suggestions. Thank you!

Vsoul0608

Asked by Vsoul0608 at 5:47 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Health

• If you can go 48 hours or 2 days without a ciggarette than you are good because that is how long it takes to get it out of your systom. I have been a nonsmoker now for 4 days yay but it was really hard. I quit cold turkey because i'm pregnant and the only thing i found that really helped with the cravings was chewing on gum. The cravings usually only last 10-15 minutes and then you shouldn't get another one for an hour or so. The first day was the hardest and the second was hard but doable by the 3rd day you should be pretty good and the smell might make you sick at least it does me now lol. Hope this helps a little, good luck and just keep trying, it is possible to quit just stay strong.....
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 6:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Call 1 800 no butts! Its free and they will help!Here is a suggestion! If your still smoking at all switch brands and cut the amount in half everyday! If your a one pack a day person put the amount of money you would save everyday in smoking in a glass jar marked childrens savings! You'll want it to grow so the less you will smoke and the more money you will save for your child! You won't believe how much he/she'll have in saving when she/he are born! Good luck!
    AlyConMom

Answer by AlyConMom at 9:43 PM on May. 27, 2009