If you wear heels, do you feel more confident and assertive while wearing them?

I am in sales, and I have found that both men and women seem to take me more seriously and are more likely to give me a chance to sell to them when I am in high 3-5 inch heels as opposed to low heels or flats. I thought maybe it was just coincidence but this has happened so frequently over nearly a year that I feel I have my shoes to thank so I wear them quite often even though I know they can be hard on your feet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• haha yes i know how you feel!!!!!

but i still love my flats they make me feel cute...

heels make me feel sexy and dangerous

2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Hi! I do wear heels sometimes and I too am in sales, at least to an extent as an insurance rep. I sometimes work from home, sometimes work at the office, and sometimes I am meeting clients face-to-face. When I have meetings I generally wear heels and I do actually wear a higher heel depending on how big a deal the meeting is. It really does make a difference in my small stature to have on 4 inch heels and they sometimes are wedges or chunky heels and sometimes stilettos, and I do feel more confident in heels and I really think it makes a difference and I even feel like I am respected more if you can believe that, especially with stilettos on. Now, I don't go to the mall shopping in them or "live" in them, but I do love them, at least for the first few hours they are on my feet anyhow. I hope this helped to answer your question. Have a great day!
    MichelleJ23

Answer by MichelleJ23 at 6:44 PM on May. 27, 2009

• no jsut taller lol
    people look at me like wow cause im 5 ft 9 in 5 inches heels lol so i end up being over 6 ft
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:11 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I live in heels most of the time. I love the way they make me feel which mostly is taller...without heels I stand an imposing 4'10"
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:30 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Shoes make the outfit! My sister wont date a guy if he is wearing ugly shoes! (she's so funny) They say you can tell alot by the shoes people wear. Heels are more dressy and it says you care about what your outfit looks like. Wearing flats is for little girls. (or going to the grocery store)
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:03 PM on May. 28, 2009

• LIke the saying goes, "when you feel sexy, you look sexy". Every time i wear high heels, im like another woman. I feel sexy, confident, like before when i didn't have kids, but now when i wear them im like "GEEZ, IM A HOT MAMA" LOL!!
    kayleesmomma86

Answer by kayleesmomma86 at 8:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I absolutly feel more confident, but holding a baby and chasing a toddler in heels is not for me.
    I used to wear heels all the time before the kids. I really miss that.
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 1:57 AM on May. 30, 2009