diaper rash, cant get rid of it

my son has a pretty sore tush. it's bright red, and has a streak-like pattern of a darker red. regular rash dreams arent working, i've tried a bunch. thinking it could be yeast (and I did see some white areas between the folds) I gave him sone yeast cream, and that got rid of the white areas, but his tish is still terribly raw and red. he's diaperless right now, and I have been giving him baking soda baths. I thought it might be an allergy, because rashes started getting more frequent since weaning him to dairy milk. but he has no other symptoms than the rash. it was on his tummy also but that area is clear now. and we havent changed the detergent or soap....

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:50 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• its sometimes hard to find but its called caldascene powder. its in a pink circular bottle-it worked great on my kids
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 5:53 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Have you changed diapers? my dd was allergic to Huggies. If not, it could still be yeast.

Call the Dr back. Did they give you a prescription for ointment? If not, get them to phone one in for you....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:53 PM on May. 27, 2009

• id take him tot he doc just to eb safe....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

• calling the dr. tomorrow! yes she did prescribe cream in the past, though it was for a yeasr growth in his neck folds, not for "diaper rash" but it has since expired. and we have switched him recently to pampers cruisers. he was waking up soaked every morning and since the switch he hasnt. so they are very absorbant on the sides. but even before sticking with these (we're still on the first box we ever bought), and experimenting with different diapers he still had a rash. it hasnt exactly gotten worse, but hasnt gone away, except for the tummy area....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If its on his tummy, I'll put money on it that he is allergic to the diapers.....try going back to the orignial brand and see.

Yeast usually stays on the tush. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:07 PM on May. 27, 2009

• well the tummy rash...I think....all started when I experimented with natural fit diapers. but we havent used those in a while and the rash didnt exactly disappear when we switched. but I've been treating the area (tummy) with zinc oxide at every diaper change and it looks a lot better, but not with the butt!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:15 PM on May. 27, 2009

• For a yeast rash, use Lotrimin AF three times a day, barrier creams with all other diaper changes. (in addition to the baking soda soaks)

Hope it's figured out and GONE soon!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Try Lotrimin AF or Aquaphor. Also, if the rash his on his tummy, I would guess that he is alleregic to the new diapers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:35 PM on May. 27, 2009

• cant remember the name of it, but we got a cream chla...something LOL meant for women years infections. the pharmacist said it was ok for babies...can apply THAT 3 times a day?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:24 PM on May. 27, 2009

• CLOTRIMAZOLE thats it!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:27 PM on May. 27, 2009