Hubby fainting after sex. "maybe TMI for some ppl."

This morning around 5:00am me and my hubby was having sex..while after wards went both went into the bathroom "because we always gotta go pee after wards." well he went first and right after he stop peeing he fell backwards and hit the bathroom sink and fell down on the floor his eyes were rolling back into his head and didn't even know i was trying to help him or anything and he couldn't really hear... he finally got up after a minute and so i got him some cold water and some crackers...he felt dizzy / sick to stomach for like an hour after all that...

now my ? is What could be wrong with him? did he overheat...does he have diabetes or what?

and should I call his doctor and make an appointment?

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 5:56 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Health

• Orgasms can cause a rapid drop in blood pressure, especially with him getting up from the bed quickly and standing in ther bathroom to pee.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:04 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i would be very scared and YES i would go to the doctor just to make sure everything was okay.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 6:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• He needs an immediate appointment. Does your husband take a medication for erectile dysfunction? Those meds can cause unsafe drops in BP. Has he ever had blood pressure problems like orthostatic hypotension...that is when someone has a difficult time maintaining a blood pressure while standing. Especially when moving from laying or sitting to standing. Youi need to tell the Dr EXACTLY what happened...do not leave out the sex part.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:24 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Thanks for ur answers!
    and No he doesn't take any medications, and i'm not sure about the blood pressure He hasn't been to the doctor since he was 16 or younger than that... But yeah i'm gonna call the doctor tomorrow morning...or should i take him to the emergency room tonight after he gets off of work??...Because he called me on his break saying he's still feeling kinda weird.
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 6:34 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Too much action? He probably got dizzy from all the movement. You can call his doc to see if there's anything going on.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 6:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• call the doctor and see what they say
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 7:07 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It could be a number of things...Blood suger level,blood pressure. All are very serious. Go to the dr. Have them draw blood!
    AlyConMom

Answer by AlyConMom at 9:29 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Did you find out ever what had happened to ur hubby? surprisingly my hubby had the exact same symptoms on third day of my marriage. We simply made out and no sex, but he fainted and hit his neck(injuring it). he is recovering now... but when we took all test for his heart/brain,etc everything was normal. he never had any problems before marriage or even now. But that episode is still a mystery for us. low bp can cause fainting, but that does not cause a sick stomach (my hubby vomited horribly that day). He says he felt like he is going to die.
    jestine6

Answer by jestine6 at 5:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2012