• In the Spotlight:

at my wits end over sippy cups...

with my 10 month old!!! we have tried soft spout< from nuby> nope hates them... hard spouts from platex, nope a no go... what else is there?

with my first we started them at around 6 months and he took right to them.. this time we wated until like 8 months and now 2 months alter we still cant get him to drink them....

he needs to be drinking atleat 8oz each of water and cranberry juice becuase he has a bladder infection... and i dont want to start that in a bottle

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2cuteboysrmine

Asked by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:11 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nuby Makes a transitional sippy cup that comes with 3 different spouts one most like a bottle and then one inbetween and then the sippy top try it you can get it at wal*mart
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 6:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• thats the nuby i was talking about.... he wont even use the nipple like one beucase its so fat.... hes a picky little bugger!!

but thanks for the suggestion :)
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• For the immediate problem ( the infection) put it in a bottle. It's more important that he get the fluids he needs NOW than that he master a sippy cup by some certain date.

For the sippy cup problem, each morning, fill a variety with water and leave them around the areas he plays. Let him play with them and get used to them. I promise he will not go off to college still on a bottle. He won't even be using a sippy cup at that point.
    Yes, all the "experts" say to get them off the bottle by 12 months. That's a GUIDELINE - not a hard and fast rule. CPS won't show up at your doorstep if he still is using a bottle at 18 months. Harvard won't refuse to admit him if he doesn't kick the bottle habit until 2. Put it in persepcetive and don't sweat the small stuff. And bottles are small stuff. Trust yourself, trust him, ditch the "experts".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree just give it to him in a bottle and if my little guy hadn't been off a bottle by 1 I was just going to take the bottle away and he wasnt going to have a choice.. Since by one formula isnt there main sorce of nutrition it wont kill him to not get milk for a day or so because eventually the little toot will get thrusty and give in but for now I agree just give it to him in the bottle he will be fine
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 6:24 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My daughter never used a "regular" sippy cup. She has only ever used the sippy cups with straws. The first ones we used were by Nuby. We have some Playtex ones that work well too. Maybe these will work.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:46 PM on May. 27, 2009