Should I just stay out of it?

My mom has recently been contacted byan old high school love. He lives in another state but is sending her flowers and has been looking for her for several years. He is also engaged......
I do not like this one bit. I dont know his fiancee...but I feel bad for her and I want my mom to see she will be a home wrecker if she gets involved. He either needs to drop the fiancee or my mom. I thought she had better morals than that.....

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 6:46 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Hm this is a tough one. It would be nice if your mom would see it for herself that you do not get involved with men when they are in a serious committed relationship or are married, but since she apparently doesn't care, I would just tell her how you feel. Tell her you don't want to get involved in her business but you just don't want her to get hurt or hurt someone else. Tell her you think it is wrong that she is continuing to talk to this man knowing he is intending to marry someone else, and that you hope she stops the communication with him before things get too far and mistakes are made that can't be taken back. Then just leave it at that. She's going to do what she wants ultimately, but at least she knows how you feel about it and that might knock some sense into her. There's nothing wrong with children parenting their parents if they are doing something wrong.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:52 PM on May. 27, 2009

• more then likey she does, but she probably is aslo lonley and feels like she is old and another man may not want her. I know when a woman hits a certain age, she feels old and useless and can get desperate for love and attention. When that happens all reasioning and morals go out the widnow. I would talk to her and ask her why she wants to be with a man who is engaged.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Your mom is a grown woman. She knows right from wrong. All you can do is state your opinion and hopefully she'll listen.
    Anonymous

• It is an ego boost for your mom. But she needs to determine if she wants to be part of that friendship despite the engagement. They did not exchange vows, but hopefully mom will not fall head over heels, otherwise she may get hurt.Be there for her regardless of your personal feelings.GL.I hope it is ok to respond. Peace out........
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 6:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If he is engaged why is he sending your mother flowers??? But anyways I would stay out of out after respectfully telling her that he is not a good duy. If he will cheat on his fiancee' he will cheat on your mother.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 8:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• She's a big girl...let her handle this on her own.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes you have to think of yourself. She won't be a home wrecker.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:46 AM on May. 28, 2009