THE MISSED ABORTION??

WELL WHEN I WAS GOIN TO THE DOCTOR FOR MY SECOND MONTH CHECKUP..THE DOCTOR WAS DOIN MY SONOGRAM AND SEEN NO BABY..I WAS WONDERING WHAT WAS GOIN ON?? AND HE TOLD ME THAT I COULD HAVE A MISSED ABORTION AND THATS WHEN THE BABY DOSNT DEVELOP...AND THATS WHAT I HAVE..HE SAID I HAVE TWO CHOICES..GET A D&C OR JUST LET THE SAC COME OUT ON ITS ON...IT HASNT CAME OUT YET SO ILL PROBABLY END UP GETTIN AN D&C.. WHY DO U THINK MY BABY DIDNT DEVELOP??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First I'm sorry that your baby didn't develop. I truly am. It could have been some sort of genetic problem that the body detected and rejected the baby, or perhaps the baby couldn't develop because of the genetic problem.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:01 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Oh dear god please. Push down on the little button labeled 'Caps Lock' once.

As for the failed pregnancy. This is suprisingly more common then you would expect it's just that many women are ashamed and don't feel they can talk about it.
    Anonymous

• its jsut another way to say miscarriage
    im sorry but noone really knows why it happens ive had 3
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:01 PM on May. 27, 2009

• There are many different reasons why the baby didn't develop. I am very sorry for your loss and I wish someone could give you an answer why, but the truth is there are some things we'll never know. Mostly commonly there is a genetic problem so severe that the baby just doesn't develop. But really it could be a variety of different things.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:03 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I am really sorry...I have been in your shoes. I know how hard it is to understand the whys of a miscarriage. I miscarried at 20 weeks. As far as the whys unfortunately they are questions that you will have for the rest of your life. The only thing I can tell you is that the baby probably had a genetic or chromosomal defect that caused it to not develop. That is what was wrong with my baby. It does happen a lot and some women don't like to talk about it but that is part of the healing process. I am so sorry for your loss. Get Well Soon.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I am so sorry to hear that hun :( but there are a number of reason why a baby doesn't develop such as abnormalities in the heart or the brain sometimes you have to research these things because that's what happened to me a few years ago....my baby stopped developing at 12 weeks, but I never beld, cramped, or anything so I had to have a D&C and they put me to sleep for that, my DR then told me that my hormone levels were too high for the baby so maybe your DR can explain it to you better after they do your D&C and examine anything left from the baby.
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 7:08 PM on May. 27, 2009

• WELL THANKS FOR SHARIN ALL THIS WITH ME..I REALLY APPRECIATE IT..SO WHAT DO U MEAN ABOUT HAVIN AN GENETIC PROBLEM..IS SOMTHING WRONG WITH ME OR WHAT?? BUT I HAD GOT PREGNANT 6 MONTHS AGO AND I WENT UP TO ALMOST 4 MONTHS BEFORE I DIDNT HAVE IT..
    Anonymous