Is it normal for you to not feel pregnant?

I have a huge tummy and lotsa kicking, but i dont feel like this is real. This is my first baby and i should be excited but i dont feel too excited about it. I feel like a bad mom for feeling this way. Feeling like he will never come and im gonna be pregnant forever. Why am I feeling like this? (very lost and confused, please help)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We all feel this way. Its a long time to wait for that little person inside you. As you get closer you will get more excited. I wasn't fully excited until around 7 to 8 months and I felt like it was never going to end. Then again I was sick 24/7 for 36 weeks so it made it worse but its fine you feel this way it will change the closer you get to delivery.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:19 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I know it's hard, but enjoy this time as much as possible. I'm pregnant with baby #2 and never understood how people could MISS being pregnant, but after many long, sleepless nights and now teething I'm getting it! Haha
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree with brailynsmama08. it is completely normal to feel this way. You will get much more excited once your due date gets closer and you realize you are close to the day you are going to hold your little baby that you created in your arms for the first time.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• my due date is june 13th...it is close already and it still doesnt feel real :( I WANT to be excited but something is holding me back it feels like..very hard to explain
    Anonymous

• w0w i feel like this too it's my frist!!
    Anonymous

• i'm due on the 13th w/ my 3rd & i still don't feel like it is real, lol! it's perfectly normal to feel the way you do.
    Anonymous