why do nonbelievers keep telling believers there is nothing to believe in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• they are trying to convince themselves
    Anonymous

• WHY DO BELIEVERS KEEP TRYING TO CHANGE OUR MINDS AND MAKE US BELIEVE IN SOMETHING THERE IS NO PROOF OF?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Because we think you're crazy for believing in something there is no proof of and weak for needing it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:23 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Let's switch that around...Why do believers keep telling non believers there is something to believe in??? We feel the same way as you do.

Answer by louise2 at 7:23 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't know what you're talking about? I don't believe in your god, or any god for that matter, but that's not the same thing as having nothing to believe in. There are plenty of things that I believe in, god just isn't one of them.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:23 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Actually we are just trying to get you to leave us alone.

they are trying to convince themselves
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:24 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Personally i think that this goes both ways. Believers and nonbelievers alike both try and "push" what they think is correct onto others.
    Anonymous

• For example, I believe that the majority of people are basically good moral beings, with or without a belief in god.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:25 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Well to be honest most of the time, the subject is brought up by a "believer". By the way that term is unclear. In these forums you are asking about our beliefs. We are going to tell all about them, you just don't like the message. sorry
    Oh by the way I am not try to convince myself of anything. I am very firm in my pagan beliefs.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 7:26 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Not me! I believe in God, but I don't believe in going to church every sunday just so I can go to heaven. I don't care wether you like what I believe or not and I don't about what you believe. I don't talk about it or bring it up and when someone trys to do their believe crap on me, I just walk away. If they follow me, then their the ones in the wrong.

Personally i think that this goes both ways. Believers and nonbelievers alike both try and "push" what they think is correct onto others.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:27 PM on May. 27, 2009