For those who have lived/visited COLORADO

Im thinking about moing to Fort Collins, CO.
Cali is waaaaaaaay too expensive for me, and i looked into apartments there. 900 a month for a 3 bedroom! WHAATT!!!??? You cant get a studio here at that price. But why is it so cheap? Bad weather? crime? How was it when you went there? Compared to California? I hate the heat so i think its already a good candidate.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 7:33 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I grew up in CO and live in the Boulder area right now. Ft Collins is actually a really nice place. There's a good university there, lots of parks, really really green. To be honest, I mostly went up there to hang w/ my college friends in bars, so I don't know what the kid-scene is like. I think rent is cheap because most people want to live near Denver, and they are catering to the student crowd.

I think you'll like it - I've never had anything bad happen to me there. Good luck w/ your move.
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 8:26 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I live in Nor Cal and we have a 4 bedroom/2 bath for $950 a month. You must be south!!
    Anonymous

• I am sorry but I must say WOW 900 a month is cheap?!?!?! LOL I live in Indiana and we only pay 450 a month. Sorry I couldn't answer your question , it did blow my mind though lol.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 7:58 PM on May. 27, 2009

• wow, we pay $1000 Tulsa and ours are on the low end of the nice apartments. My husband and I want to move to Frisco, CO. So beautiful!
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 8:01 PM on May. 27, 2009

• In all places, rent matches up with cost of living and payscale. So the payscale is higher in your part of California than it is in this part of Colorado. Also, if this place is undiscovered or just not popular then they will lower the rent to bring more people in. Do your research on the internet in forums and check state test scores to judge what level the education is in the schools if you have school age kids. I say there is nothing wrong with moving down to reduce rent. We did the same thing and went from around $1300-$1500 for a 3 bedroom to $1000-$1300 tops for a 4 bedroom! A good move....no regrets...but I did my research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I visited Colorado Springs, CO, back in 1986, but I have no clue what the rents are. It is such a beautiful area, though. I hope you'll like it where you will be moving to.
    Compared to northern VA, the rent price you quoted is pretty good!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:16 AM on May. 28, 2009