Indoctrination to what?

Statements like this come up whenever the subject of mentioning GLBT in school comes up:
"This isn't just trying to teach to respect others it is indoctrinating the kids." - some random anon

What exactly are kids supposedly being indoctrinated into? Not hating? Not using adjectives as insults? Or do people really think if someone tells their 5 year old that "gay" is not an insult that their 5 year old will catch gayness and buy Judy Garland cd's with their birthday money?

What exactly are people afraid of if their child is exposed to the word in a good way, as opposed to the negative way they are already exposed to it dozens of times each day at school? If it's a question of morality, why aren't you teaching them the morals at home to supplement the common sense and decency of "be kind to everyone" that they are taught at school?
Hate the sin, not the sinner, but seems like too many forget that last part?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:35 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe u just need to come out of the closet. You would feel much better. It worked for all my nephews.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• bow down

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:41 PM on May. 27, 2009

• "Or do people really think if someone tells their 5 year old that "gay" is not an insult that their 5 year old will catch gayness and buy Judy Garland cd's with their birthday money?"

LMAO!

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:42 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Yes hate the sin not the sinner.Alot of parents who teach their kids what the bible says on homosexuality also teach their kids that does not mean they are to disrespect or beat on anyone.At the same time they do not teach their kids that it A OK to live the homosexual lifestyle because the word says it is sin.So they do not teach their kids to knowingly accept sin and cheer it on.
    Anonymous

• Why are you in favor of undermining parents and forcing your beliefs on someone elses children? A lot of people do think that being gay is wrong and it's withing their rights to do so. You don't have to agree but you do have to let them raise their children they way they see fit and not interfere.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:46 PM on May. 27, 2009

• A lot of people do think that being gay is wrong and it's withing their rights to do so.

That does not give their kids the right to bully other kids. Any more than they have the right to proselytize at school. You manage to teach them to keep their bible to themselves at school. Why do you all fail so miserably at teaching them to keep their hate to themselves, too?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Doesn't matter it's whats to come and those who choose to believe Gods word and bring their kids up in His word will have to send their kids to private school or homeschool.I can do that
    Anonymous

• Oh I see anon...you can't teach your kids to be kind to everyone so you want send them to a private school. NEWS FLASH gays are in private schools too.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My dh's mother is gay (found out late in life that's why none of her marriages worked out, I suppose). Our kids really don't think much about it one way or the other. When people ask if it bothers me, I tell them that I'm not even interested in my OWN sex life, let alone anyone elses :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:59 PM on May. 27, 2009

• devilUs evil gay supporters are EVERYWHERE.  And we are so evil because we want everyone to be treated with kindness. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:00 PM on May. 27, 2009