Any suggestions on how I can give my nine month old juice and water?

See the issue is he is breastfed, has NEVER had a bottle a day in his life, (even though I tried once or twice he just will not have anything to do with it even though it was breast milk), I cant find a good sippy cup, or sports bottle, or anything really he gets the concept a little and loves drinking his juice with meals but the only way I have been somewhat sucessful in giving it to him is with a regular cup which makes a mess and he needs a bath afterwards. So what is a good sippy cup or bottle that he will not refuse to use?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 7:36 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • we get straw insert cups at babiesrus. the straws come with the cups but are fully removable for cleaning
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:34 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Use a straw and watch him with it. Babies usually loooove straws. He doesn't necessary need to use a sippy cup even though I can understand your wanting him to use one.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:39 PM on May. 27, 2009

• realli I just want something that isnt messy KWIM, like I said he loves it but always ends up soaked no matter what I do
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:41 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Purchase a sippy cup that has a straw attached.
    Anonymous

• good idea anon
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:44 PM on May. 27, 2009

• they make those anon, do you know what brand so I can look it up?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

• stick with the regular cup. it will save you in the long run and will only take a few weeks for him to master.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• they also make sippys that have soft "nipples"...i don't know what theyre called but theyre not as hard and my DD seems to like that better.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:59 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I tried the sippy with the soft spout and she wasn't doing very good then switched to a hard one and she does much better. Maybe if you try to take the stopper out of the inside then your little one won't have to suck as hard to get the juice out and it's not as messy either, just keep introducing it at meals and he'll get the hang of it before you know it!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:35 PM on May. 27, 2009