Once you get used to your normal workout routine, does it still work, or do you have to do something else?

My daughter and I walk for about an hour every day, her in the stroller and me pushing. I'm starting to get used to walking for an hour, no matter which path we take (our city has sidewalks and all). I can't run if my life depended on it (trust me, you don't want to see me running down the street trying to push a stroller), and I can't devote my entire day to walking around town.

So will I still see results even though I'm getting sorta used to walking for an hour?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:36 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Pick up the pace a little bit every day, you don't have to run but you can speed walk. Speed walking every day will get you results but if your casually walking it's not going to do anything. Maybe try a small job after a week of speed walking. Also when your walking do walking lunges while holding on to the stroller, I did this with my first child and it felt good on the legs!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 7:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Your muscles get shocked and work harder to burn fat, and build muscle when you start working out. The reason is they're not use to it. You should never do the same workout for more than 6 weeks. You should keep your muscles in 'shock mode' or they will adjust to what you are doing and your body won't work as hard. That's why people hit a plateau usually.

PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 7:44 PM on May. 27, 2009