Ok, another question, sleeping on belly

I posted the cry it out method, well I went in there like I said I would and he had rolled over to his tummy and was making his tired sounds instead of crying. Now he's asleep.

I've always rolled him over, but is it ok with SIDS to let him sleep like that if he does it on his own? My mom lost her first daughter right before she was 6 months so I'm scared that something could still happen. I'm also 2 months pregnant and need a nap myself, am I awful for leaving him?

ours

Asked by ours at 7:37 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Once he can roll over onto his tummy himself, leave him. The risk of SIDS drops sharply after a baby can roll over.
    The rule is - put him down on his back. After that, it's up to him.

As for being a bad mom... a bad mom is one that puts soda in the baby bottle because she can't be bothered to get milk, a bad mom is one that leaves her baby in the crib all day because she can't be bothered to deal with him at all, a bad mom is one that doesn't care for her child at all, ever. You are NOT a bad mom. Dump that concept from your mind now. And don't worry about anyone else's opinions either. Every mom will make different decisions, for different reasons. A good mom won't judge another mom for doing her best for her family. A good mom knows and accepts that every family, every child, every mom is different and will do things differently. Not bad - just different.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• ummm my lil man sleeps on his tummy ALL the time. No matter WHAT I DO! he always rolls over to his belly. So I let him sleep like that I can't stop him from doing it no matter what. He sleeps like his daddy :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 7:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• They say once they roll over themselves you don't need to worry. Now get off the computer and go TAKE A NAP!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Oh btw, congrats on your pregnancy!! I have a 7 month old and am 3 months pregnant! It will be crazy but a lot of fun. My first 2 were 15 months apart and these two will be 14 months apart!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:46 PM on May. 27, 2009