Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Moms of Color" only please

Can anyone recommend a good body make-up to cover/blend the "dark to light" contrast on the sides and heels of the feet. I feel really uncomfortable wearing sandals because of this obvious contrast, and have been unable to find a body make-up that matches my skin color. It seems that most make-ups are not a good match for brown skin. Please help!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

Answers (5)
  • At target they have a mocha foundation called stay perfect by No7 that works great, if thats too dark then try something liter. Just go to target they have a huge selection for darker skin. I don't think it's that big of a deal, I wear sandles I use the make up for my face but I guess if you don't like it then go ahead and use it on your feet.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

  • You can also try tattoo cover up make up as well. You can find it anywhere and its usually thicker and harder to get off. I know I am not a woman of color but my neighbor has mixed kids and she uses it to cover up some skin blotches on her kids to even out their skin tone.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:50 PM on May. 27, 2009

  • I use dermablend

    Answer by Myni at 9:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

  • Mary Kay has a product called Even Complexion Essence and women of color love it. It evens the skin and eventually you won't need to use at all. I can give you the website to order if you want.

    Answer by ldc0188 at 6:13 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • Maybe a white chick can reccomend a good product too. DERMABLEND, higher end department stores.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on May. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.