swallow a quarter lately???

k my 3 yr old swallowed a quarter on monday it is now wed. night. we went to er and they said that it has passed into his small intestine( by the x rays) and it should pass with in 24 hours. well i have been religiously checking his stool.. yummy but no quarter yet. how long should i wait to take him back to dr? should i be concerned? he is in no pain and is acting fairly normal. ..

boyer94

Asked by boyer94 at 7:43 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd give them a call in the morning if you still haven't seen it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:45 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I wish i could post a pic of my sons x-ray. I never saw it pass but when I took him back they did another x-ray and it passed so i don't think there is much to worry about. It was strange though shortly after he swallowed it his bowl movements were white. The doctor didn't have any explanation for it but everything went back to normal after a couple of days.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 7:53 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My son swallowed a nickel a year ago and I never saw it pass even though I looked. It's nuts to see the xray with a large white spot in the center, haha.

I say give them a call in the morning.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:04 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I swallowed a penny was young and never told my mother because of fear of her wrath. LOL ...I'm still alive. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Anonymous