Am I selfish to want to go out with my fiancee once a week for supper without kids?

My fiancee is not the father of my children. We feel like we don't get enough time to relax and stay connected, and I feel bad thinking about going out to dupper one night a week without the munchkins. This is so that I stay connected with my fiancee. Any suggestions?

MoMMaGiMpY825

Asked by MoMMaGiMpY825 at 7:45 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Going out once is a while will not hurt. I don't see the fact that he is not the father of your children relevant to the question.

Anonymous

• Who has an issue with it? Find a little high schooler to babysit for cheap or a friend or family and go out to dinner. Just don't take advantage of everyone by shopping and going to the movies and staying gone for hours unless its cleared with them. You can also make time for you and him when the kids are in bed, playing or have them spend a weekend at the grandparents or something.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:48 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If not once a week make a bi-weekly "date" night. Kids being his or not has no relevance to the question..
    GmaPam7257

Answer by GmaPam7257 at 7:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• NO its not selfish. You have to work on your relationship.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If it was every night, I'd say yes. But once a week sounds reasonable to me. You need time together to keep your relationship healthy, and you will be a better mom for having a little time away from the kids.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:29 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No it is not selfish! I think it is a great idea, you have to have time for yourselves! I always make sure that my fiance' and I go out when he is in town (he travels with his job) even though it makes me feel guilty because he should be spending time with our son, but we make the rest of the time about him! You have to keep the connection between you two or you will get burned out!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:30 PM on May. 27, 2009

• no. You need time to work on your relationship with your husband. It keeps the flame alive, keeps you on the same page with the children.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 8:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No it is NOT selfish every couple needs a little time for a date. when you have kids it is harder to do but I think it will bring you guys closer in the long run. There is a time for you and him and there are times with the kids. you need to spice your life up some times.
    princess_sjb

Answer by princess_sjb at 10:34 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No its not selfish at all. Have fun.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:00 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No it's not selfish at all. It'll help you guys connect or reconnect as a couple.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 12:15 AM on May. 28, 2009