short labor or long labor?

Is there anyone who has had 3 or more children and with each child did your labors get shorter and shorter or were they different, because this is my fourth and I don't want my labor to be too short or too long, I know that they may sound weird but I wanna have time to get to the hospital if it's gonna be a short labor, lol.

DYMOND24

Asked by DYMOND24 at 7:50 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am expecting #4 & my other 3 labors where all different. I can say my 1st one was the longest.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:52 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Well if this is number 4 how were the other 3? DID they decrease in time or stay the same. It is hard telling as each baby is different and so is each labor process. It could start off fast and stop on you. So if you had 3 other kids before this how did your labor go with them? If they got short then you should plan ahead, if they stayed the same then still plan ahead some but not as much as if it were to be a 20 minute process.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:52 PM on May. 27, 2009

• well i think labor gets shorter my mom said with me being her 3rd child she dialated from 2-10 in ten minutes so i would think they get shorter she said her first took her maybe 3 hours all together if that so if this is your third you should know when to go and when it is going come good luck
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 7:58 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I've only had two but they were both 11 hours long, so I'm a slow one and I think I always will be. Granted that's 11 hours from the time we got to the hospital, I was proabbly in labor longer than that.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 7:59 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I have had 7 all were about 3 hours all different some more painful than others

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 8:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I have not. But my mom had 3 and she said the labor time was halved each time.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 8:10 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I haven't had 3 i am on my 3rd right now but i was in labor with my 1st for 22 hours and my 2nd 11 hours. My mom had 3 kids and for her the labor got longer everytime, 1st was 4 hours 2nd was 14 hours and 3rd was 20 hours so i guess it all depends on the person.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:22 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Well I haven't... but my Momma sure did. I was 12 hours, my sister was 6, brother was 3 and last brother was 20 minutes. Doctor didn't even make it for that one and she didn't even change her clothes!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:50 PM on May. 27, 2009