When did your baby cut teeth.

My son is ten months old and has not cut a single tooth. A nurse told me that when it takes a long time to cut teeth it means they are really healthy. But that just sounds like an old wives tale to me. My older boys starting getting their teeth at 6 months old and had a mouth full by their first birthday. So i was just curious.

jenniamigo

Asked by jenniamigo at 7:56 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our daughter is 8 months and has 2 on the bottom and 4 on the top coming in and 2 more on the bottom so she will have 8 here soon. She started at 3 months teething and got them at 7 months. All babies teeth when its their time.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My son cut his first tooth close to his 11 month point. And it was just bam, bam, bam, bam... four teeth in less than a week and a half. He has 3 cutting in right now.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 7:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My son got hit two bottom teeth one after the other at 5 months then got his fangs at 5 1/2 months. I think from what I heard that babies are just different because a lot of babies take longer, and some get them all fairly quickly.
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:01 PM on May. 27, 2009

• my oldest cut her first on her first bday, and my 2nd cut hers sometime after her birthday. I've also been told they are stronger the longer it takes for them to come in. I don't know how true that is, but I'm sure it is partly because they haven't used them as long as gets who get them younger.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 8:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My girls were about 8-9 moths before they cut the first tooth, My twins are 10 and a half one has 2 bottom teeth and the other zero. Sometimes I think my 2 yr old is still teething
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 8:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• DD took the longest to come in. I think she was 9.5 months. Then after that she got 4 in at once and stayed that way for a couple more months before getting in the rest. She's 2.5 and still is working on her 2 yr old molars.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:45 PM on May. 27, 2009

• my son got his first 2 at 9 1/2 months. he's 10 1/2 months now, in the past week he's cut 1, and there are 4 more coming.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 9:17 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Chloe cut her first tooth a week shy of 8 months. 10 months later she only has 9 teeth -.-
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Both my kids cut their first teeth by 4 1/2 months. Babies will cut when they are read to.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 9:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• my baby is seven months old-no teeth and I'm glad! I love his toothless grin!:)
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 5:11 AM on May. 28, 2009