puppps?

so i had these itchy bumps on my newly formed stretch marks, and i asked my dr about it...she said its puppps, and is kind of common, non harmful, really itchy, and theres no cure other than delivery. fun. i was wondering if anyone's had this, and have had any creams that they could suggest that really just help the itching?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had PUPPS, but it wasn't visible. I used lots of lotion, and used Aveeno oatmeal body wash. I also put cocoa butter oil on my belly.... I still itched like crazy. Wish I would have also had the tips from the previous posters! Yes, it magically goes away when baby comes :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:10 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Try hydrocortisone creams or calamine lotion for poison ivy. You can also try aloe vera lotions.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I had that too...and I used calamine lotion which helped some and cocoa butter cream....just to keep it moist....

Its a pain...sorry ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:04 PM on May. 27, 2009

• PUPPPS SUCKS! I'm so sorry you have it chick. I had it for probably the last month or two of pregnancy and it was always worse at night. I would wake up with me itching and have no control over it. It'll go away after you have the baby.

As far as what I did to help it...I didn't do anything. I know that's silly but I just refused to itch unless it was unintentional in my sleep. The doctor can prescribe you something.
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Gold Bond - Medicated cream. I swear by that stuff.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:12 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Thank you sooo much for all of your tips! I am almost 38 weeks today, so hopefully I won't have to itch for too much longer! (I posted this by the way.. I hit anon for some reason, didn't mean to) I'll have to post something when I find one of these remedies that works for me! Thanks again!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:03 PM on May. 27, 2009