Vaccines. Can they be on the same page here please?

I'm talking about the pediatrician and the receptionist.
I've asked our pediatrician if we could do one vaccine at the time and he agreed.
Last visit I was told by his receptionist that we were behind and that she would have to set up 3 appointments 1 every month. My dh and I just look to each other and agreed on doing it. We have already cancel the two visits. We are going back as we agreed with the dr. after 3 months.
What's wrong with this picture?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like you need to let the doc know what's going on at the front desk....there is little to no communication in those places...the receptionists are like robots. Theyre are told to tell you certain things and that's what they do....Call and ask to speak to ONLY the doctor's nurse and express your concerns....They should definitely grant your wishes. it's YOUR child...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• you need to just tell her just what the doctor told you and she HAS to go by that ... alot of the time the doctor will tell you something and expect you to tell the recptioinist and unless you tell her then she assumes ur behind
    Riosmommy

Answer by Riosmommy at 8:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• riosmommy The receptionist was given the chart. I was assuming that the Dr. might have noted it. Still this is an office where the receptionist knows more than the Dr. If you know what I mean. Our pediatrician is "old" and highly recommended. If I could only change the receptionist then it would it be the perfect pediatrician office. :-)
    Anonymous

• calliesmommie I'm with you here.
    Anonymous