What should I get my son for his birthday: Playstation3 or Xbox 360?

He already has the Wii thing and he doesn't play it at all. He wants a xbox 360 because he goes to his friends house and plays but at least 3 of my girlfriends husbands says the playstation is a better value and more reliable. He is a good kid and I want him to have a good bday. Any thoughts.

carollieberman

Asked by carollieberman at 8:18 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Entertainment

• Me personally? I would definitely get him the PS3.
    It is very reliable, and the main perk that the PS3 has that Xbox doesn't?
    FREE internet! That is... if you have the wireless internet. lol.
    Xbox360, you pay for internet, it's not much, but you do, regardless.

But! Since this is your son who will be getting the present, and he wants an xbox360, I would get him that. He wants it, you want him to have a good bday... so... :D
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• You spoil the boy too much. and yes the Xboxes aren't a good buy, my brothers took a craps after 2 years of 6 hours a day every day playige.
    Anonymous

• PS3-It has a Blue Ray player
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:27 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Get him a library card, a camping trip, an awsome party with his friends. What do you think he will remember more...hours spent playing halo or time spent with you and his friends?
    Anonymous

• Anon, how would you know if he's spoiled? DO you know them personally? I doubt it, since you're posting anon.

I think the 360 has better games, but does tend to be more expensive because of Xbox Live and breakage issues.
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 8:29 PM on May. 27, 2009

• What about a skateboard or (I don't know what they are called) the split skateboard like thing with the wheels that spin around? It seems like every kid without a driver's license on our neighborhood has one.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My husband has a 360 and so does my 6 yo SS. They both absolutly love them. DH bought a PS3 but traded it in because he didn't care for it much. I would say go with the 360.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 9:22 PM on May. 27, 2009

• There are good and bad things about either system. We've had my husbands 360 for 2 1/2 years and never had problems with it, but XBox live costs. PS3 can also be a Bluray player and supposedly has better graphics (but I think only if its on a big screen HD tv other than that I don't see the difference, but because its a newer system there aren't as many games.

Like one of the pp said tho if he wants the 360 I'd get him that. Most kids have a pretty good idea what system they want and if he's played it at his friends he knows.

Hope that helped some :-)
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 11:19 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I recommend the PS3. It has a blueray player which is nice. Also, a few of my friends have the x box and have had nothing but trouble with them. The only one who didn't just get rid of his cause still has had to send it back to be repaired FIVE times!! I think they are to much trouble!
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 8:29 AM on May. 28, 2009

• we have an xobo 360 & it's great, the only thing you have to pay for is xbox live & it's only $50.00 a year, you have to get live if you want to be albe to play certian games online... if his friends have an xbox, then you should get him one b/c they can't play together online if you get him a ps3.... but depending on how old your son is, you may want to keep an eye on him when he's online ppl can get pretty nasty & some guys are stupid & get on the camera & show their weiners
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:58 AM on May. 28, 2009