how do I give oatmeal baths?

so my son has a bad diaper rash and I'd like to try giving him an oatmeal bath. one mom instructed me to put oatmeal in a sock which will act as a sachet and soak it under the running water. is this correct? so I cant just like...pour it loosely in the tub then right?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 8:26 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put oatmeal in my coffee grinder (I buy the steel cut) and put about 1/4 cup in an old stocking; tie a knot and throw it in the tub; your child will enjoy squishing it.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I've always used Aveeno's oatmeal bath packets and dump it right in the water. No soap.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 8:28 PM on May. 27, 2009

• all i have on me is a container of oatmeal, so it would have to be homemade!`
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:30 PM on May. 27, 2009

• and i dont have any tulle....would a sock work for now?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I've only ever used the Aveeno bath for my tot. I don't know how you'd do it home-made, but I'm sure if you called your pedi, they'd be able to tell you.
    Nik8608

Answer by Nik8608 at 10:11 PM on May. 27, 2009