Anyone know any home remedies for poison ivy??

jasesmommy0529

Asked by jasesmommy0529 at 8:32 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Health

• calamine lotion, bendryl, oatmeal baths

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Ive tried them all, still have it. I get if often too. Just didnt know if someone knew some special remedy for it...
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 8:35 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Ugh I had this on my face in April, dawn dish soap :) It kills everything, i had it though for 1 1/2 weeks total
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 8:37 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Home Remedies are Ice, Milk( cold compress),Bathe in oatmeal, Calamine, Witch Hazel.
    AlyConMom

Answer by AlyConMom at 8:52 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Jewel weed. You can usually find it near the poison ivy. I found a couple of websites that sell products made from jewel weed. I am super allergic and usually have to get cortizone shots, but this stuff works if you can catch it early. You might try a store like whole foods or earth fare, I saw some thing there the other day, but can't remeber the name of it. Witch hazel is stinky, but super soothing. I feel for you!
    Allison_17

Answer by Allison_17 at 9:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I just read to put white vinegar on it...I'm sure that would burn, but it supposedly takes the itch away...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• The vinegar does work. My grandmother was a firm believer that bleach, vinegar or baking soda cured all the ailments and household problems in the world. I use to laugh and think she was crazy....funny how she just about hit the nail on the head. Vinegar also eases the burn out of sunburn
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:53 PM on May. 27, 2009