Help me out, I need some ideas and I'm new to this

I am trying to do the AVON thing and it's not going the way I wish. I wonder how in the world some reps make a living selling AVON, I am lucky for someone to even look at a book, lol! This is the first time I have tried the little side work at home thing. I quit my job after 10 years working in a group home, my boss died and her son&greedy wife took over the business and they took everything from her loyal employees, like health insurrance, froze payrates, changed our hours completely and took our $800 christmas bonus we got every year. So I could not take it anymore and I had no idea how hard it was to get a job now, so I'm back in school fulltime doing what I should of did ten years ago, be a nurse.

Can anyone who sells products, give me some advice or ideas, I like AVON and very much want to sell it. I got four boxes in the living room just sitting. I'm not doing something right and it's costing me money!

chelletbone

chelletbone

Asked by chelletbone at 8:35 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• First, I am not a fan of Avon; they donate to breast cancer research while continuing to use cancer causing ingredients in their products.
    That said, I do have suggestions for you. You need to get in the habit of talking about Avon every time you speak to anyone. Always have catalogs and samples with you, where ever you go; and a calendar book or PDA. when you give someone a catalag, do not let them leave without making an appointment to phone and take their order. Mark the appointment on your calendar and on the catalog; never accept maybe as an answer - maybe is a big waste of time.
    You must get the book The Accidental Salesperson by Chris Lytle;either find in at your local library or bookstore or get it from Amazon
    Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't sell Avon but, do you have a web site? I find this tool Very helpful. Have you tried to invite your friends over for a hands on to your products? The local gals in my area are always looking for a reason to get out for a night for ome adult interaction. When I first started with Gold Canyon, it was slow, because I was new with the company.
    If you have built a client base (emails), I send out monthly email flyers informing about current promotions. Gold Canyon also sends out a monthly e-newsletter which goes to everyone I have on my email list through them.
    Drop off flyers, catalogs at local salons, community centers, doctors offices. Offer something Free if they spend over a certain amount...
    I hope you suceed!!!
    Best to you.
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 9:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My mom has been with Avon for 30 years. She earns about $1200 a month and she's the areas leading recruiter... There are those few that make a living at it but not most. My mom does mall shows, craft shows and flee markets in addition to makeover parties, wedding parties and home shows... Plus the recruiting and advertising... It's very hard to get in to! I would sugest sending out postcards, doing flyers and placing business cards and last campaigns books everywhere you go and more.

If you join my WAH group there is a post called 118 ways to grow your business... Check it out.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/ChangingYourLife
    ttys!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Remember also that if you are wanting full time pay then you have to treat this "at home" job the very same. For instance, if you would normally work an 8 hour day, then be sure and hit the streets for 8 hours.

My dad taught us that if we wanted a 40 hour work week employment, then we had to hit the streets looking for work for 40 hours. It worked for all of us.

Also, keep in mind, that you have decided to be a saleswoman. This is a field that not everyone is suited or does best at, but having chosen this kind of work, being a good salesperson is paramount to making it successful. If you decide you selling isn't for you, I'd be sure and call the person who talked me into this business and let them lead you along and help you. :) Can't hurt to ask. :)

I hope it goes well for you. Selling is hard work.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It's hard to sell anything right now, people just aren't buying.

If you're interested in being a work at home mom, without sales, you should read my blog with more information. Be a Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:19 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Since Avon is your deal - I suggest you connect with the successul reps and learn from them how to develop a successful Avon business. Asking people who failed at Avon is not the way to go!
    Reach-up!
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 3:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2009