Would you do anything for you MIL?

My MIL found out that her boyfriend was cheating on her with a woman he met online. She has lived with him for about 4 years. He had told her he would give her money to get an apartment, and is now saying that he wont and that she can continue to live with him for free. (she works but only makes min. wage) She doesnt want to do that, and I had told her that she could come live with us! So my question is would you have said the same thing to your MIL?

mrsmamaj

Asked by mrsmamaj at 8:36 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO WAY IN HELL!!!!! But then my MIL and I do NOT get along at all! If it were MY mom probably though...we get along great!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 8:39 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I guess Im selfish b/c I don't want anyone but my DH and DD and me living in my house....My DH's sister actually right now is living with their parents b/c they lost their house to foreclosure and they asked to live with us b/c our house is bigger and I said No.....I need my space and my peace. sorry.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i wouldn't want to but i would. i know dh would say the same to anyone in my family even if they don't get along well b/c they are my family so even though my MIL drives me nuts i'd do it b/c its family
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:46 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Funny Im going through the same thing with my MIL. We have offered to upgrade our apartment to a bigger one, but she doesnt want to intrude, and she is pretty well off to where she can live by herself. BUT YEAH OF COURSE . I HAVE TRUELY BEEN BLESSED WITH A WONDERFUL MIL..
    iluvmymacita

Answer by iluvmymacita at 8:48 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No, and neither would you if you knew her! We keep moving farther and farther away, I'm thinking New Zealand next, perhaps the moon. MY mom, however, rocks and hubby agrees.
    Anonymous

• If we had the room then absolutely. She let us stay with her while we saved up a down payment for our house. My door is always open to family and I wouldn't want her to live in such a situation anyway. Your MIL is very blessed to have such a generous daughter in-law as yourself!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• eh, If there was truly no where else for her to go.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Yes. I have been blessed with a great MIL. Granted we have butted heads, but, we are so much alike. I would do anything for MIL.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 9:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• H
    E
    L
    L

N
    O

That beotch could live on the streets for all I care. She is a major trouble maker and I can't stand even hearing her NAME. Bleh!! Now I'm all pissed off!!
    Anonymous

• No.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 9:24 PM on May. 27, 2009