How do I keep my boys from wetting and staining the back of the toilet?

EVERYday I'm wiping down two toilets. I have wipes situated at the back of each of them, but they go largely ignored. And no matter what, my DH never seems to notice. Please help!

jonosmama

Asked by jonosmama at 8:44 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "If you sprinke when you tinkle, be a sweetie, wipe the seatie." that was one I remember reading on someone's toilet a few years back. It was so funny I've remembered it...another thing is..in Europe many toilets or urinals are made with a fly painted in the bowl as a target. Research proved that given the target, there was less mess around the bowls than previously. Try one of those round blue urinal thingies, and see how that does. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:01 PM on May. 27, 2009

• let me know when you find out
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 8:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Your DH is probably part of the problem...I know mine is...Men are gross:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I have heard that a target in the bowl such as cheerios helps some boys aim, but I have the problem STILL and "my boys" are 16 and 41 LOL! But neither one of them is the culprit of course it is 'not me'
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• LOL. I asked a question like this months ago...and still having this same problem. Although, I have gotten very strick on my boys about not peeing all over the toilet. And if they do, they have learned to wipe it up themselves!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i used to tell my dh that he had the penis, show the boy how to aim it . now i ask that the boy sits to go so i don't have puddles to deal with. my dh was a sitter, i trained him early LOL
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 8:51 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Another idea is to put up a sign if they can read reminding them to clean up after themselves.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Well you could just make them sit, but most men won't go for that. OR you could say "Fine, if you want to pee all over the place we now have a 'boys room' and a 'girls room' no boys allowed in the girls bathroom!" My mother had to do this at work because she is the only woman in a shop full of men and they all pee everywhere. She got tired of cleaning up their disgusting pee (they're not even HER boys!) so she banished them to the back room. No men allowed in the front bathroom (which is way nicer too!).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:00 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Did you try floating target in the toilet?
    I say have a bathroom for males and one for females; let them clean their own

Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My husband says to send them outside to pee.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:14 PM on May. 27, 2009