Do you send your kids to VBS?

Do they enjoy it? Do you like what they're being taught?

Last year was the first time I sent my oldest and in just the 1 week he was singing all sorts of songs he'd memorized. I feel like he learned a LOT in that short amount of time. It's about time to get them signed up again so I was just wondering how many other people still did this.

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 8:52 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What's VBS?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:53 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Vacation Bible School, and yes my son loves it!!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 8:54 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I can't wait til she's old enough...MY sister has been the organizer in our church for years and I helped her for a couple years....we always get about 100 or so kids....it's so much fun.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:54 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Yes my 3 children have always been involved in Bible School. They love it and I always volunteer to help be a leader...It's a lot of fun!!!!
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:08 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My children attend VBS every year, and have since they were about 3. My oldest is now 14 and works in VBS. My little ones still attend because it is geared to preschool -6th grade. They have a blast and one or more of us usually also help because they can always use more adults. We have a terrific time. Our VBS director has done it for a good 8 years now and she is very creative. The whole church gets involved really so it's a high point for us in the summer.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:38 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Nope.

I wouldn't have had anything against sending them ---- I try to teach them about all religions, so it might've been a good way for them to learn about Christianity in a fun way --- but after all my son's "friends" got done with VBS a few yrs back, ganged up on him ON HIS BIRTHDAY, and told him all about how he was going to burn in hell --- yeah, marked that one off my list.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Dontcha just love "Christian" love!!!??? I sent my kids when they were little and remember them begging for money to take, I asked them why they wanted to give money, they said whoever's class brought the most got ice cream!!!
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 11:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• That's really sad that you guys have had that experience...at my church they have NEVER asked anyone for money....it's just all about the kids....singing, games, bible verses. That's too bad that a couple of churches have to ruin it for a lot of people.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:17 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My kids both attend VBS every year, so does my son's service dog and I volunteer in my autistic sons class. We are very involved in our church and VBS is one of our favorite things.
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 12:01 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I usually do but this year the kids have so much going on I think we are just going to have to skip it.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 4:46 AM on May. 28, 2009