10 month old has watery eyes.

what could be wrong?

marli08

Asked by marli08 at 9:02 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cold or allergies. I wouldn't advise you to give him any cold or allergy medicine until you've talked to the doctor though. They're not supposed to take any of that stuff at that age (unless you're told to).
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• alergies, just keep him away from pets and inside when the pollen count is high.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:27 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It could be allergies or a cold like previously said but check with your dr. first on what to give. I took my daughter 3 weeks ago to the dr. b/c she had watery eyes and the dr. said to give her infant benadryl which they don't make, the pharmacist had to figure out the dosage to give her for her age and weight and that didn't even really seem to help. So then I took her back in about a week later and she had to see a diff. dr. and he said no babies should be on any otc meds because the FDA has only approved them for ages 4 and up. Then he checked her ears again and there was fluid on the left one so then he prescribed an antibiotic for her for that. I'll be asking the other Dr. about the benadryl at her next appt. So check with ur doc first b4 giving anything.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My son is 10 1/2 months old. He actually has had watery eyes a few times this month. I am pretty sure it is just allergies, because he get's it usually after we have been outside. I know I get watery eyes when I get allergies...so I guess that is what I am guessing it's from.
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 12:42 AM on May. 28, 2009