How long do you receive spousal support/alimony after you separate?

I have been married for almost 6 years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• It depends entirely on your divorce settlement. SOme people receive it indefinitely or until they remarry, and some not at all. In most divorce agreements these days, if it is awarded, there is a set period of time specified, but it varies from couple to couple. You have to negotiate for what you feel you will need.
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 10:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I am going through this now. I was married 10 years. I was told I can receive alimoney until I get remarried. Like the other response...it's all up to what is in the agreement. If I were you to get your best BUCK$$ get an attorney to help you with your rights and typing up an agreement. Don't do it yourself you will probably end up missing out on something you should be getting. Best of luck to both of us!
    Hugs!
    Shele
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 4:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Get your best bucks says the other woman....
    I think in certain cases alimony is just another way of the woman being lazy..
    Yes in some marriage support should be awarded, but in others not.
    I do not believe that is should ever be permanent.
    Woman use the system instead of being strong and getting there ass a job.
    To answer your ? you probably should get 3 years of alimony. It all depends on what kind of money the both of you make, the standard of living you had...lal lalalal

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2008