Speaking of teething babies...

How do you mommy's sooth a cranky, teething baby?

Do you use baby orajel and cold teething rings? any thing else I can do to sooth my teething baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Teething tablets. They are designed to soothe the "crankies".
    Pain meds if she seems to be really bad and it's bedtime.
    A variety of teething toys all throughout the day... wood ones, rubber ones, cold ones, fabric ones. Our favorites were a vibrating star and a fabric starfish with a different texture on each tip.
    Baby orajel is pretty much worthless - it lasts less than 10 mintues and can't be reapplied for a couple of hours.

http://www.learningcurve.com/product/detail/Y2475A?locale=en_US

and

http://www.learningcurve.com/product/detail/Y5292?locale=en_US
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Get homeopathic teething tablets by Hyland's - can be bought in a drug store or walmart, target, etc.
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 9:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree with the tablets, also try a waffle they work well especially since they have the pockets to collect drool ... :)
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:38 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Teething tablets all the way. I use those and Tylenol alternated with ibuprofen. Used that with my oldest DD's and plan on using it for my twins when they start. They work great. I never used orajel.
    kaycee has a lot of good ideas too.
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 10:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Hyland's are awesome. I also buy frozen fruit (or cut up apples and throw 'em in the freezer) and put them in one of those mesh feeder bag thingies.  Here: These Things

So far, his favorites are frozen apples, but today I gave him mango and he went ape for it! lol

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:20 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My granddaughter has been teething for a month and she is almost 4 months old. I believe I feel a back tooth trying to come in. Thanks for the tip on the teething tablets. I never knew there was such a thing!

OP ~ My grandbaby loves this toy that has extensions on it called "noodles" made from hard plastic. It is for babies from birth on up for use as a teether and she loves to gnaw on it, especially on her sides. She can't get the teething rings into her mouth in the back.
    Another thing she loves to gnaw on is a frozen washcloth. We take a thin baby washcloth, wet it, wring it out, roll it up tight into a tube, put it into a baggie, and freeze it. She is able to gnaw on it with her back gums and suck on it if she wants to.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:44 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Op here- thank you ladies so much for you replies, they have been very helpful. The teething tablets are great, I had not ever heard of these either. Thanks again.
    Anonymous