5 week old and pooping

my son is on soy formula i was just wondering how many times a day is normal for bm's for a 5 week old, he goes about 2 times a day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That sounds normal! Actually that seems like its almost not as frequent as I remember, but every kid is different. As long as it is not too hard and not too runny and he seems to be feeling ok then its normal for him! Over time it changes and they poop less frequently.
    Anonymous

• once is enough two is even better some babies dotn go for days
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:51 PM on May. 27, 2009

• my dtrs on soy too (and BM) and she's slowed down alot once a day usually. I actually had to call the doctor today cause her stools were really hard and stuff...so watch for constipation with soy. but as long as he's going and they're "normal" your good!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 10:00 PM on May. 27, 2009

• like clransom said, watch for constipation with soy. It can bind a baby up. My little girl is on soy as well and she was getting so constipated on it that we had to start adding 1/2 ounce of prune juice to one bottle a day. Now she is very regular and goes once a day sometimes 2 times a day.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:32 PM on May. 27, 2009