i just found out i'm pregnant...& quite far along

i took a test about 2 weeks ago, b/c i missed my period last month (i know i shouldn't have waited, but times were tough), & i went today to see how far along i am, & it happens to be btw. 22-26 wks! i'm quite scared...has anyone had a similar situation or have any advice for me?? please help!!

mandi0986

Asked by mandi0986 at 10:03 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How did you not know you were that far along?!
    Anonymous

• Wow, way to help the person out with their question. Why say anything at all?

OP, I haven't had that happen but I have heard of it. Just try to breath and get everything organized a little quicker than you normally would.
    Anonymous

• I've heard of that happening to some women. I guess google it, or maybe talk to your dr about finding out what other women did in your situation?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:07 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It's very possible to not know you were so far a long! A friend of mine still had her period and no other symptoms of being pregnant for 5 months! I wish you the best of luck, I can't really answer this question because I've not been in this situation. It's just going to be something you need to take slowly even though you're half way through this. Ask for God's help (if you're religious that is).
    tiffanyderr10

Answer by tiffanyderr10 at 10:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I just met one of my MIL's aunt's and she was told she couldn't have kids. Well when she was 42 she started feeling a baby moving which meant she was probably around 19-21 weeks along when she found out. Everything turned out okay for her. Of course, she's in her 70's now, but still. I would recommend reading a book about pregnancy - What to Expect, etc. and doing what your doctor advises. Prenatal care, vitamins, eating healthier, etc. Congratulations!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:11 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Start eating right and take prenatal vitamins. If there is a reason you're so scared, like drinking or drug use, be completely honest with your doctor about it. They can steer you in the right direction and do whatever tests need to be done. And RELAX!!! Stress is no good for you or the baby right now!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:11 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i was 16 weeks when i found out with my 2nd... and 24 weeks before i could be seen by the doc< my insurance dropped me and i ahd to go on medicade, and they wouldnt back pay and i couldnt afford the $1500 up front charge from an ob...> everything was fine.. i told the dr that i ahd 3 beers on new years eve, i would ahve been about 14 weeks then... i enver knew becuase i dont ahve regular periods and was not keeping track...

just be honest with the ob.... and congrats!!! makes for a short pregnancy... which i kinda like!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:26 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My mom didn't know she was pregnant with my little sister until 4 months because she was BF and her cycle hadn't returned yet. My sister turned out just fine. My mom did say the pregnancy FLEW by though.

Just get prenatal care, take yoru vitamins, eat healthy, exercise and enjoy what's left of your pregnancy.

Oh and stay the heck away from "What to Expect When Your Expecting." It's extremely biased and is full of recommedations that go against that of major health organizations.
    Anonymous