would you leave him...?

he complains we cant pay bills but then wants to spend money on stupid things we dont need, like a tv, or a game system. When I object he says he makes the money and deserves to buy treats for himself and I am a killjoy. meanwhile I go to food pantries and WIC...I have tried many times in many ways to explain this has to stop and he doesnt. is this a reason to leave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• the question is how long can you tolerate this type of behavior because its not going to change. if you can tolerate it forever without complaining then dont leave if you cant then leave
    Myni

Answer by Myni at 10:38 PM on May. 27, 2009

• This is very immature behavior. It may possibly be a reason to leave if you or your children are suffering. I mean, are you married?? It doesn't matter if HE makes the money. If you two are living together then it's your money too, no matter who physically goes to work and makes it. Have you tried actually sitting down and having a real conversation with him, not after he has just bought something, but on a normal day??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:11 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I was in the same situation not to long ago. We have all the game systems and games and shit.
    It wasnt until I stopped getting government help and told him to carry his butt up there and get it himself that he straightened up. He didnt want to be embarrassed waiting in line with kids all day trying to get help. Since he as stopped wasting money, we are no longer on assistance.. YAY.. Hang in there. Goof Luck!
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon, make him swollow his priode and go to the places for assistance and see how hectic it is and how much you really rely on other agencies for support. Let him see it the hard way what his spending is doing to his family, maybe it will help him to get his head out of the clouds and grow up a bit.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:03 AM on May. 28, 2009