I feel like I need to be a better person........

Do you sometimes just not like yourself? I don't like myself alot of the times. I act like a bitty sometimes for really no good reason, I am high strung and get so upset over nothing but how do i change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• well by admitting things that you would like to change, thats a great first step. I hate things about me too sometimes...I just try to be more mindful of those things I dont liek and try to stop before I do/say things that feed into it. Maybe the next time you are going to respond to something in an uptight way-force yourself to do the opposite and see what happens. could be fun lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:14 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Yoga and lots of meditation helps. :)
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:15 PM on May. 27, 2009

• You just do! You figure out what you don't like and you omit it. And you stick to it! Figure out the things you wish you did more of, and do them! I feel like I'm a good person, and yet always, I'm on a quest to be a better person. I think there's always room for improvement.
    Take this feeling of yours as empowering! If you don't like who you are- change it! You sure can!
    You may find you need help. But I'd try by yourself first, because seriously, the only thing limiting you is your own mind, which you can change :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 10:17 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I got a GREAT answer....its called "THE SECRET" its a book....and i dont have time and hate reading....but this book changed my life, and my dads too when i told him about it. its a short book but it makes a BIG difference in how you look at life. its crazy how much it makes sense!! go get it!!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I do not like myself a lot of the time too. I wish I could be a stronger, less emotional person. I wish I could just push my feeling aside but I can't. I will look at the book that angie_david suggested. Thank you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 PM on May. 27, 2009