Anyone elses baby not ever sleep?

My 9 month old (10 months on Friday) like never sleeps. She woke up at 8:00 this morning, took a 30 minute nap this afternoon and its 10:30 and she's still awake! And, she woke up 4 times last night! She still doesn't sleep through the night. I just don't understand why she doesn't ever sleep? Just wondering if I'm the only one? Sorry, just need some support.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 10:28 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Jeez, I feel bad for you! My daughter will be 10 mo. in a couple of weeks and she's slept through the night since she was 5 weeks old and currently gets up about 8am takes a nap for about 1-2 hours at about 9:30 and then is up and eats lunch then goes back down for a nap around 3 until about 5 then to bed between 7:30 & 9 and usually sleeps through the night but sometimes gets up once around 2:30-3 and has a bottle then back to bed.

Is she getting enough to eat? Is she crabby at all, fighting to stay awake and is really overtired? I'd ask your dr. next time you go in just to see what they have to say or for any suggestions. Would some light music in her room help her or not? Hope she starts sleeping more soon, I'm sure you need some more sleep too!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:25 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I just posted a similar answer to another mom whose 6mo isn't sleeping. HTH! :)

My daughter was the same way. She has never needed the amount of sleep that was "normal." She stopped napping altogether right bf her second bday. She didn't sleep through the night until she was 28 months old when I took the wheat out of her diet (she is not celiac). Wheat made her almost more active, so she couldn't settle down. She didn't cry. She was just awake and ready to play! Is there wheat in her cereal?

Now, I am expecting #2, and I will be cutting out wheat early since I am BFing, so we can sleep as much as the baby will allow this time! As long as she is happy and growing, I would worry to much and try to sleep all you can yourself! Thank goodness for concealer, coffee, and chocolate, right? Best wishes!

Feel free to PM if you want to chat more.
    aim1105

Answer by aim1105 at 11:36 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Finally, another mother I can identify with! My almost 10 month old doesn't sleep either. I've tried everything, I'm at my wits end! CIO, eating before bed, routines, no late naps... nothing has worked. My DS got down to 2-3 times up at night, which was a vast improvement for him. But then, reverted right back to infant mode. So now I just let him sleep in his vibrating chair next to my bed. I'm hoping this is just a phase, so I'll try putting him in his crib in a couple weeks. Good luck to you, I know how it is to get no sleep!
    JustPeachy678

Answer by JustPeachy678 at 11:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I like how someone posts how their daughter always slept through the night, that's real comforting to tell someone whose kid doesn't. My 3 mos. old daughter rarely takes naps during the day. She used to up until a month ago.. Nothing is wrong with her, she just doesn't sleep a lot during the day. She'll take several 30 mins.-1 hr naps but that's it. She sleeps at night, but still wakes up every 3 hrs. to eat. I think she's just like that. My mom says I was the same way.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:33 AM on May. 28, 2009