27 weeks pregnant... pain under left rib cage and numb skin

For the last 2 weeks or so, I have had a really annoying pain under my left rib cage. I just imagine that it is from my baby pushing against it and making my rib really uncomfortable for me.
But a wierd thing is- there is an area of skin on the top of the bottom part of my ribs that is numb... is that normal? Ill go to scratch it and I get a wierd sensation like my skin is numb.

I have heard that numb skin can be a pinched nerve... but what about the pain under it as well? Pinched nerve? Anything to worry about or to call the doc about? Thanks!

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 10:29 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hmmmm... it sounds like it might be the baby is pushing on a nerve, maybe? I know when I was preg, my daughter was constatnly putting her foot up by my sternum, and I was constantly rubbing to gently push it back down. If you are worried, I would call the doc. I am all about not worrying! ;)
    aim1105

Answer by aim1105 at 10:36 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I had that same pain and thought it was the baby's feet or something. Turns out that thats where my uterus is and his butt is up against it. The doc said it was prolly just pressure from the baby. =\
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:38 PM on May. 27, 2009