Anyone taken phentermine for weight loss? How much did you lose?

I've been on it for a month.....

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 10:29 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• isnt that part of the Phen-Fen diet that was out lawed in the late 80's early 90's b/c people were dying? hummm...
    say_no_to_circ

Answer by say_no_to_circ at 10:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Um nooooo....if it was it would be outlawed too, I didn't ask for opinions, I asked for answers from people who have taken it. Not to mention, if you were trying to lose 100 lbs for the last 6 years maybe you wouldn't be so judgmental.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:34 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't think she was being harsh. That's what came to my mind too.

I tried it. Lost around 20 pounds or so, but I don't like how it made me feel. I gained the weight back when I quit taking them. Do you feel ok on them? I'm thinking maybe I just wasn't taking in enough calories (?) per day.
    Anonymous

• I feel fine as long as I eat all day in small incriments. I do feel loopy if I don't eat. I still feel like it was stupid to comment because I pretty sure phentermine has been around longer then phen phen was and it's still legal. Not to mention, I trust my doctor. I am in good health all around so I have minimal side effects and I see my doc once a month a get vitals done regularly. I don't need an online lecture. This is my last chance to lose weight without getting gastric bypass and it seems to be working for me so sometimes people shouldn't say anything until they hit where I've hit. Not to mention I'm more scared of the surgery of phentermine, but I'm gonna have to do something!But I do agree it's not for everyone.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:16 AM on May. 28, 2009