Did anyone have their breastmilk come in weeks or months before the baby was due?

If so, did you deliver early, on-time, or past your due date?

This is my second pregnancy, my milk is already in (not just colostrum) and I am not due for quite a while! I am just curious... THANKS!

aim1105

Asked by aim1105 at 10:30 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My milk came in a few weeks prior to delivering. I have had all preterm labors and deliveries. I was told by my dr. that it is normal for u to lactate and so on earlier in the pregnancy with the more kids u have. If ur worried I would call ur dr. just to make sure everything is ok. Good luck! I know it sucks lactating and what not b4 ur deliver.
    rugratsmommy4

Answer by rugratsmommy4 at 10:35 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Mine came in when I was about 5 months. I remember I was laying on the bed at my mom's house and I had on a sports bra and all of a suddenly my mom started laughing...I had a big wet spot around my nipple and from there on out I "leaked" lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:34 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I'm due in 2 weeks and it's still just the colostrum.
    At least I think it still is.
    I don't leak that much only a few times in the past few months.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 10:38 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It IS just colostrum, even if it looks like milk. The actual milk won't come in until after baby is born. It can look different with each pregnancy.

With my first pregnancy it was clear. This time it's creamy colored.

It's completely normal and has no baring on when you'll deliver. Mine came in at 4 months.
    Anonymous

• With my first my milk came in early and A LOT! I was sleeping with a towel under me to soak it up. It was crazy. I was using pads during the day too. It started at bout 5 months I guess (this was 9 yrs ago :) and by the time I had her at 34 weeks I had been using a towel in the bed for about a month. If that was just colostrum it was a LOT of it!

Anonymous