kindergarten gift ideas?

My 5 yr old son graduates kinder June 3rd and I am looking for gift ideas for him. I want it to be small but a memorable type gift and I can't seem to think of anything creative here! SO fellow mommies any ideas??

hill2

Asked by hill2 at 10:34 PM on May. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• This may be too girly for your son, but hte general idea may help spark an idea. My mom gave me a little statue knick knack deal. It was a teacher and a student. The teacher was holding a plaque that had a sweet poem on it about going to a different school and growing up type deal. it was really sweet and i still have it....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:37 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Hmmm...well knowing a 5 year old, they would most likely want something fun as a gift from you to show him how proud you are of him for graduating kindergarten! If it were me, I would celegrate by taking him out to his favorite place to eat and them maybe let him pick out a toy, or book, or something fun that he likes. And then for you the mommy, for a special keepsake, have you been saving all of his art work, and maybe some special papers, and report cards from kindergarten? I know I saved almost everything my daughter had brought home from kindergarten, and I bought a scrap book at Walmart that had pockets for the pages, and I stuffed all of her cratfs and papers, she had brought home from that year, into that book. Your son can have that scrap book for a keepsake and it will be fun for him to look through it when he is older.
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 1:28 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I love all of the above ideas too. But, I was going to make sure I took a close up pic. of my lil man with his certificate ( or report card whatever) and had it printed out with a cute graduation type boarder from walgreens and frame it. Then, buy him some sort of summer toy. Like slip-n-slide, sprinkler, or cool pool toy to celebrate being out for the summer. I know he will like the toy more than the photo right now, but it will be the keepsake. KWIM ;)
    GL and congrats moma, they grow so fast...
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 10:42 AM on May. 29, 2009