HOW DO YOU GET A TWO YEAR OLD INTERESTED IN THE POTTY

SHE LIKES THE POTTY AND SHE HAS PEED IN THE POTTY ONE TIME. SHE WILL SIT ON THE POTTY AND EVERYTHING BUT SHE WILL NOT USE THE POTTY.

no.1moma

Asked by no.1moma at 10:35 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try to make potty training as fun as possible. try offering treats and also make a big deal of how proud you are when they use the bathroom
    Myni

Answer by Myni at 10:58 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My 2 1/2 year old daughter is not poootty trained yet. I have tryed everything people say to try. I have offered her candy, trips to the Dairy Queen, toy's, andything you can imagine to bribe her, even offering to do a victory potty dance for her if she goes...but nothing. She really is interested in it though. She wants to go potty but nothing comes out! If I ask her to use the potty, she will run to the bathroom, put her little princess seat in the toilet, pull up her stool to the toilet, pull her pants and pull-up down, sit herself up on the potty...and then nothing happens. She try's to sqeeze the potty out, but she can't figure it out! LOL! So she still wipes herself, flushes, put's her potty seat away and pulls the stool up to the sink to wash her hands!!! She for sure want's to be a bug girl...and is very smart....but she just can't seem to go!
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 12:59 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I mean potty trained! Not poootty trained! sorry!
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 1:00 AM on May. 28, 2009

• You dont need to even think about potty training until her diaper is dry when she wakes up in the morning.... that is when you know they are ready.......but if your really anxious and need her trained now start by taking her to the toilet with you when you go and have a toilet next to you and sit her on it and tell her what she needs to do.. i always tell my daughter ..make a yellow or make a brown...but it only works if they know there colors i guess....but it's a waste of time and energy to start training them if they are not physically ready!
    JeanieJazzysmom

Answer by JeanieJazzysmom at 2:46 AM on May. 28, 2009