HOW SHOULD I BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF THIS BABY WITHOUT THE FATHER BEING IN THE CHILD'S LIFE

KIWII

Asked by KIWII at 10:37 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My mother has done it for 23 years. Where there's a will, there's a way. You can do it.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 10:38 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i did it with my son
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My mom did it with me and my brother. You can do it. Like ABryn1011 said, when there's a will there's a way.
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 10:44 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It's going to be hard. But it will be okay and it will be worth it when you have a happy healthy child. There are all kinds of support groups. There is a group called Parents Without Partners that you could join in your area, also...will the father be paying child support? If not, you can get some financial assistance, or at least medicaid for your child since I'm sure insurance will be hard to afford otherwise. I have a friend who had to get her child medicaid and she only paid $20 a month for it. I also know lots of low income families that use this service to help supplement their groceries, so the bills won't be so high: www.angelfoodministries.com/ hopefully there will be one in your area.

Most of all you will need a strong support system, people to talk to and help you out. If you don't have family that can be there when you need emotional support then maybe make friends on here.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:52 PM on May. 27, 2009

• alot of people do it...it's not easy but it's done....my DH works VERY long hours and is rarely home. I know that's not the same thing...if it's financial then you get child support....if it's everything else then find a support group. Google "mommy and me" groups in your area and look to local churches for other help with finances, food whatever....Your instinct will tell you what to do and you will not be a bad mommy just cuz he's not in the picture. You can do it.:) Feel free to PM me anytime for support on anything. good luck
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• a lot of people do it.. this baby... you mean "your baby"??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I am 20 and I am doing it. my son is only a month and it gets hard I learned that but I also learned that I am very strong from this and I have grown into a woman it gets better.
    pregnproud88

Answer by pregnproud88 at 12:53 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm sixteen and a single mother. My son is seven weeks old. Everything will be fine. You can do it. You just have to have confidence that you don't need him.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 1:21 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I am 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I am in my 2nd Trimester now and I am doing it. The father is not in mine or the babies life and I intend on it staying that way. The best thing you can do is surround yourself with family and friends who are loving and supporting. That's what I have done and it's done amazing! I am not stressed out or anything. And you always have us here at CafeMom :)

It may take a man to help conceive the child, but it takes the woman to carry it. It is the woman who lays down after 40 weeks and pushes for dear life and comes the closest to death without dying. From then on you home free with your beautiful gift from God.

I am not bashing Fathers at all. I love mine dearly. But everything can be done by the mother and only her, the only thing the man is needed for is conception.
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 8:00 AM on May. 29, 2009