I HATE ANTS...please help me

WE have a ton of ants that keep coming from everywhere...i dont even know where. I am very clean. My kitchen is cleaned after every meal. Im actually a clean freak in a way. These freakin ants keep showing up. We have put the ant poisen things out, we have put that bug killer stuff in our yard twice, and have used the indoor bug stop also. WTH? Why wont they go away? Ive never had a problem with ants before, we just moved here 2 months ago though. I dont know what the deal is.Please help me if you have any suggestions

angie_david

Asked by angie_david at 10:42 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am the same way and we had some ants coming in. I took some spray to them and so far so good, but I do have some boric acid handy incase they decide to make a come back! Good Luck!
    Kikesama

Answer by Kikesama at 10:54 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Use Terro. That stuff is awesome!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• They're not looking for food, they're looking for water. Try boric acid.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• What the heck is boric acid?? is it something you buy and spray indoors or outdoors? And thanks for the TERRO answer...i'll try that too!! Ill try anything at this point. I dont even want to cook in my kitchen cause its GROSS! I stand there for hours killing them every time one comes out!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:53 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Boric acid or Vaseline where ever you see them coming in.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 10:53 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I've heard that chalk will work. Just regular chalkboard chalk. The ants won't cross it.

Good luck!

*you can get boric acid from your grocery store.
    Anonymous

• Well, they are in my kitchen, but i have no idea where they are cming in at. My husband put some foam expansion around the pipes under the sink.....so where would you suggest i put the boric acid or vaseline?? Im about to just mop my floor in it
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:56 PM on May. 27, 2009

• You should look for a trail outside and that will tell u where they are coming in at. We have the same problem but we have so many plants and trees and scrubbery that it's crazy! We have sprayed numerous times! It's so annoying! But thankfully,they are just sugar ants and they don't bite,lol! Still.......it grosses me out to no end! Good Luck!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:22 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I remember when we had ants in our kitchen years ago (in another place we lived in) and they were on the window sill so I thought they were coming in through there. I kept spraying and spraying, but they still kept coming back. On day I saw a little ant come crawling out from under the light switch wall plate! I took it off and sure enough, they were coming in from outside and were in the wall and finding their way inside through little things like that.
    Obviously, you can't spray anything into an area that is electrical, although you can use a little puffer like an infant's nasal aspirator, to squirt the boric acid (it's a powder) in behind the wires to where the ants are in the walls. Purchase the foam insulators from the weatherproofing section of the store (Walmart has them) to place over the outlet and then screw the wallplate back on.
    Squirt the boric acid in there, as needed.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:58 AM on May. 28, 2009