When can I do combos?

My little girl is 5 months old and has been doing cereal for almost 2 months, and fruits/veggies for 1 month. I bought some baby food that is applesauce and sweet potatoes mixed together. I have introduced her to applesauce and introduced her to sweet potatoes. She is doing good on those. So can I start the apple/sweet potato combo food at any time? Or do I have to introduce it like a new food as well?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 10:44 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, If she hasnt started to show any allergies to the applesauce or sweet potatoes, then it should be ok. But just to be safe I would just introduce it as a new food, cuz they could be a different ingerent in the combo one that makes its taste better then when they are by themselves
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 11:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If she hasn't shown any allergies to either then she's ready for you to combine them.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:48 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I never did any foods for the 5 days at a time. I introduced new things to her and she usually liked all of them. I didn't really worry about it because we are not allergic to anything so therefor I figured she probably wouldn't be either!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• That's fine but just make sure that you're not using solids as a "meal replacement". the main source of nutrition needs to come either from breast milk or formula....solids are only for exploration and learning new tastes before they are a a year old...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:30 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If she is fine with all of the ingredients in a food, you can give it to her as if she has already had it. Make sense? It doesn't matter what form it is in, just so long as she has not had any reactions to it in the past.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:37 AM on May. 28, 2009