new house/decorating the bathrm/colors

ok Q, getting ready to move yeahhhh!!! (:just purchased a home, god is gd!! i have everything else dwn i want to redo my bathrm its white i am stuck what are some gd colors shower curtain ect ect remeber the bath is white the other bth was ez because its my grls bthrm 3,and 5... they like dora this is for those thats gd at decorating,,i am gd at it but i am soo like stuck):

6carebears

Asked by 6carebears at 10:57 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have an appt. , but mine is olive green. Its a nice nuetral color for the bathroom i think. Theres also a lot of stuff that matches it at wal-mart or target. I have the green curtain, rug, ect., with frog decals inside the tub, and the palm tree towels. I like it a lot. Good luck whatever you decide.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Is this for YOUR bathroom and/or any guests? I like simple country decor and accents (cozy not "cutesy") and I prefer bright and "airy," clean, simple colors and decor in bathrooms--they feel cleaner than dark bathrooms which feel kind of "icky!" LOL! In my main upstairs bathroom--which has a large, south facing window, I installed white (painted) beadboard panels and chair rail about 3 feet high, and painted the remainder of the walls sky blue, and all of the accessories (towel bars, hooks, etc.) are chrome. I went with light blue and white shower curtain, window valance and gingham lined baskets for toilet paper, hand towels, and toiletries. The bath rugs are solid light blue, and closet and trim are painted white.

I painted the powder room lavender, and the trim and door white, and made my own purple calico (small flower pattern) curtains/valance. I use wicker baskets (spray painted white) for hand towels, soaps, and TP)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:42 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Ran out of room! LOL

In both bathrooms, I also have framed prints (you can buy a cheap ugly frame and clean it up with a white spray paint!)--I the main bathroom, I have scenic seashore prints, and two framed black and white pictures of my boys in the tub when they were about 8 months old! :o)

The 1/2 bathroom, I made some wildflower "prints" using real pressed wildflowers in complimentary colors.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:45 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Shop around in the bathroom sections of where you like shopping and look at what accessories and stuff that you like and buy that stuff then take that stuff to the paint place and try to find a good color that ties it all together! Most places can even match colors to things now like if you find a towel color that you like that you think would look good on the wall they can make that color for you! Have fun!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 8:32 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Well I can answer your question with two questions: Do you own your new place and do you like glass? If so, many glass shower enclosures would look great against any gd aweful colours. LOL Or, of course you can always paint.

Home Furniture

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

Wannabemom2008

Answer by Wannabemom2008 at 1:40 PM on May. 28, 2009

• light colors are more smoothing.. that what i would do..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

• well thanks all i went back to my new house today because i am getting a kitchen put in dwn in the lower level and yes i own it as of yesturday(: god is gd long time comming the colors i went with was u c the color of my homepage its that color navey blue and sky blue shower curtain,the navy color of the shower curtain its at the bottom and a sky blue tolet set. with a 4pc toothbrush trash can ect ect,, its white with diddrent color flowers its soo pretty,, i am gonna try and get a pic and post it brb lol
    6carebears

Answer by 6carebears at 9:00 PM on May. 28, 2009