Is everything ok?

I posted in babies 0-12 but didn't get much of a response.

My 6 month old is hardly sleeping during the day. He's the only baby that I've heard about so far from my friends that stays up sometimes for 5-6 hours before going to sleep. He woke up at 8AM, took about an hour nap at 12PM and has been up since 1PM (now 8PM). I've tried just letting him fuss for a little since it's bedtime, rocking him, walking around the house with him with the lights off saying goodnight but nothing.

He was doing so good with steady naps and now that I'm pregnant and start school he decides to stay up? Could it be teething? He doesn't cry when he's up, just when I try to get him to take his usual naps.

I would but we're waiting on insurance since I had to drop mine once I became pregnant. We just couldn't afford it, and our state offers it for free for some people if needed. It may be another month before I can make a doctor's appointment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most babies start staying up for longer periods of time. I don't really see that he's needed to go to the doctor. You may just need to readjust your schedual to fit his unfortunatly. Good luck.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 11:00 PM on May. 27, 2009

• when my son barely use to sleep my mom told me to add baby cereal into his milk to make it thicker and that would make him sleep for longer. well i tried it and it worked
    Myni

Answer by Myni at 11:01 PM on May. 27, 2009

• He eat's 3 8oz bottles a day and with each bottle he has a bowl of rice cereal with mashed up fruit or veggies. I don't know how much more that I could feed him!
    Anonymous

• put him down AT NIGHT after bottle, diaper, etc.. During the day encourage him t stay awake by playing with him. Don't allow more than one short nap a day. some babies can't take a nap or they won't sleep at night. hopefully he is not allergic to his formula.
    have you tried rides in the car?
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• my 3 month old barely sleeps and has been this way since about 4 weeks. She only takes a couple little 20 min catnaps here and there but no good nap. She goes to bed really good and sleeps from around 9pm -6am. I am just starting to think some babies need more sleep while others dont.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:23 PM on May. 27, 2009

• He sleeps through the night, just doesn't like to sleep at all during the day. This is just within a weeks worth of time too because he was taking two 2 hour naps during the day and still sleeping through the night. :/
    Anonymous