Help to gain weight at 29weeks

OK, so I was overweight to start with, and I have lost 19 lbs so far in my pregnancy. (Not because I was dieting, but because i stopped drinking so much pop and started eating healthy) At 27 weeks I had finally gained 4 lbs back, and today I found out how that I had lost those 4 lbs (eventhough my diet hadnt changed) Anyhow, after measuring the baby, She only wieghed 2lbs 10 oz which is on the small side. So my questions is, what are the best foods to help my baby gain weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Whole grains(oatmeal, bread, etc), lean protiens (chicken, fish, soy), low fat (milk products, only small amounts of butter and such), high fiber (veggis, legumes, fruit), low sugar (stay away from refined food products-If its in a box its not healthy).

I wouldn't worry so much about what your baby weighs. The docs can't really tell. Your baby will get all the nutrients it needs from you. You will decline before baby does. It sounds like you are doing awesome. Don't "diet" just eat healthy. Exercise. Drink a lot of water. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 12:59 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm not sure how they can tell you what your baby weighs by measuring alone. That's really not going to be accurate. Healthy weight gain for an overweight momma (like me) is generally 15-20 lb through your entire pregnancy. Your baby is going to suck nutrients from you. If your diet is lacking, your body will be the one to suffer...not the babies.

Now if YOU are wanting to gain healthy weight, I'd suggest maybe eating some nuts. They are high in fat, but it's the good kind of fat.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Like th pp there isn't an accurate way to get the weight of your baby (I even talked to my drs nurse today about this) if its from a sono they can be off by 1 - 2 lbs either way and if your baby is 2lbs 10oz that's good for only being 29 weeks. My baby from a sono was said to weigh 3lbs 1 oz and that's big. On avaerage a baby only weighs 2lbs 9.1oz at 31 weeks so your baby is about on track. I've only gained a few pounds but my dr said if I'm feeling the baby move and my tummy is growing like it should they don't worry about it. Cause like a pp said the baby gets the nutrients first.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 11:46 PM on May. 27, 2009