Did your baby roll from tummy to back

or back to tummy first? Were they a tummy sleeper or a back sleeper?

I didn't know my daughter could roll over until one day I came into her room and she was rolled over the opposite way of how I laid her down. Did your baby first roll over while they were in bed or during tummy/play time?

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 10:58 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD sleeps strictly on her back and she started rolling over when she was 2 1/2 weeks old(17 days to be exact!!)..She doesn't do it unless she's down for tummy time and she's never rolled over back to tummy.
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 11:00 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My dd rolled from her back to her belly first...the day she was born. The nurses kept coming in and yelling at us for putting her on her belly. But she was doing it herself....and she seemed to sleep better that way so we just kept and eye on her. Now she's rolling both ways. She really only sleep on her back though because she HAS to be swaddled to go to sleep...(bad habit i know..). Sometimes though she will wiggle out of her blankies and be on her tummy playing when we wake up. She almost 6 months old now though so we dont worry much about her being on her tummy at night if she does happen to get out and roll over.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 11:04 PM on May. 27, 2009

• my daughter rolled over from belly to back first... she sleeps either on her back or half way ( not completely) on her side.... she is two months old....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:04 PM on May. 27, 2009

• my son is 4 months old now and is a belly sleeper, he rolled from his tummy to his back first at around 3 months. he did it while we were playing and doing tummy time. this past week he has been trying to roll from back to tummy, he gets up on his side then gets to nervous to go all the way over!
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 11:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My DD rolled over from back to belly at about 3 months....now she's 9 months and is everywhere....she has only ever slept on her side....could not stand being on her back or swaddled after the first couple weeks..now she falls asleep next to me on her side and usually ends up with her feet up by my head on her tummy all sprawled out everywhere.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:26 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My son rolled from back to belly in his sleep (6mos). Funny thing is I worked diligently with his physical therapist to get him to do it during tummy time. He didn't do it on his own til he was 9 mos.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:27 AM on May. 28, 2009