Do you pay attention to race when you decide to watch a new show?

I dont and I watch the real housewives and read today at bravotv.com that they are going to be doing a D.C housewives show and then I saw the following comment in the blog about it and was seriously disheartened that people feel this way! Maybe it's just me!

cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cont
    05/27/2009 - 12:30pmViewer

Hello Bravo! Someone just sent me pictures of what the new cast of Housewives of DC will be and guess what, there is very little ethnic diversity. Why is there no woman of Color in there? The African-American community is an integral part of DC History and they even existed in whats now Georgetown!!!! In case you haven't noticed, Michele Obama is in the White House now and in all fairness, I believe you should have at least one woman of African-American background on the show. The "Gold" Coast in DC up on 16th Street has plenty of affluential, politically connected, Black families as well as over 100 political organizations active on Capital Hill. Get it together, Bravo or ratings will NOT be good.
    Anonymous

• That's a good question, kind of makes you think.....me personally I like trash reality and comedy so all races welcome here!!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:10 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It is a good question I don't but thats just me I watch all the real housewives series and the one in Atlanta is all black except one white girl . I don't think ratings will go down I think that would be a bit ridiculous just because of race!
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 11:12 PM on May. 27, 2009

• yes, and i know i shouldn't.... i just don't like certain attitudes that are protrayed. it's not something i'm proud of, but i just get so irritated!
    Anonymous

• no I don't pay attention to race, but if it's a hip hop type show count me out! I don't like gangster or mafia movies either.
    Anonymous

• I don't necessarily notice how many people of what race are on a show but how they are portrayed.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:27 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Me well i don't care what color it has just as long it caught my eye and it look interesting then i will watch it but other then that i won't
    Anonymous

• Not really..the again I don't watch a lot of new tv shows...I like reruns...I don't like hip-hop shows either...I love CMT though!! lol
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No, I don't. I am white and I love Tyler Payne and the Cosby Show. I watch shows because they interest me not because of the race of the people on the show. My son is named after a boy from the show Hangin WIth Mr. Cooper and my son is white also.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:36 PM on May. 27, 2009

• A little. Not because I'm raciest but because an all white cast= hard for me to relate to=boring show for me. But if the show was good and I could relate to it anyway and the cast was all one race I would still watch it.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:55 PM on May. 27, 2009