Potty Training Through The Night

I have a 3 year old son and sometimes he does make it through the night, but how do u make this permant? will he just finally "get It" or do i need to be doing something? i encourage him to not pee the bed but just thought i would ask for any other advice.

Amanda2430

Asked by Amanda2430 at 11:16 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can't "encourage him to not pee the bed". Think about it... can you encourage someone who snores to not make so much noise at night? Of course not. They are asleep and can't control what their body does.
    Make sure he knows it is common and normal. Give him the choice of a pull-up or a mattress protector. If you suspect he may not like going to the bathroom in the dark, put a little potty in his room. Don't limit fluids - it doesn't work. Wait until his brain and body finish learning to communicate at night.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:05 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My son is 3 also, He has accidents on occasion, but for him I just encourged him to go to the potty before bed.....(I have a mattress pad on his bed). It seems as with time he has gotten better, not so many nite time accidents. In time they will "get it".
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 1:37 AM on May. 28, 2009